[Ltb-users] ldapsearch working but ssp can't connect

Paul Phillabaum paul at ipaulo.com
Sun Jun 17 03:31:15 CEST 2018

I’m setting up ldaps on Active Directory for the first time for use with
ssp. It took me a while, but I’m pretty confident ldaps is working on the
server. I can connect with ldaps from Windows and from the ssp host via
ldapsearch.

I’m running on centos 7. In /etc/openldap/ldap.conf , I have TLS_CACERT
pointing to my self-signed CA cert. I have tried adding “TLS_REQCERT allow”
and “TLS_REQCERT never” to my /etc/openldap/ldap.conf.

The error message in ssp_error_log is always:

LDAP - Bind error -1  (Can't contact LDAP server)

What else should I be trying? Debug true didn't provide any additional info.

Thanks,

Paul