[Ltb-users] Problem with sending link to reset

Clément OUDOT clement.oudot at savoirfairelinux.com
Thu Oct 5 07:44:24 CEST 2017

Le 03/10/2017 à 21:46, Christiano Liberato a écrit :
> Hi,

Hello Christiano,

> I already have the tool working with password change in AD.
> To reset the password via email, the system can send the link to my
> company's mail server, to gmail and hotmail (who accept everything).
> But for other servers, the uploaded link does not arrive.
> What I understood was this: ltb only authenticates on my company's
> mail server and sends the link through the server where it is
> installed. And then the error that will occur is reverse DNS. And
> that's exactly it, see:
>
> Oct  3 16:34:30 vm288 sm-mta[7030]: v92JpSLK001368:
> to=<user at domain.com <mailto:user at domain.com>>, delay=23:43:02,
> xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=esmtp, pri=12991167, relay=mx3.domain.com
> <http://mx3.domain.com>. [200.xxx.xxx.xxx], dsn=4.7.1, stat=Deferred:
> 450 4.7.1 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname,
> [201.xxx.xxx.xxx]
>
> Error 450 4.7.1 is reverse DNS.
>

> How to solve? Well, it would be the right tool not only to
> authenticate to my company's mail server, but to send for it as well.
> So the message would arrive because it has reverse set up.

Seems to be a problem with your mail settings or your mail server. SSP
is using PHPMailer, so you need to look at its documentation:
https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer

See also
https://ltb-project.org/documentation/self-service-password/latest/config_mail

--
Clément OUDOT
Consultant en logiciels libres, Expert infrastructure et sécurité