[Ltb-users] Help Setting up SSP

Lee Phillips hitmandreams04 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 17:49:16 CET 2016

Hello, I've worked on getting SSP setup for a few days now and am stuck. I
worked with KPTN in the IRC for a little today and have gotten further, but
still stuck.

Here's where I'm at. I've setup SSP on an Ubuntu 16.04 server. Created a
test DC with Server 2012 R2 to connect to and test. Website works and is
accessible without issues. When trying to change a user password it
displays an error, "Login or password incorrect." It seems like it is
connecting but isn't able to pull the information. If the $ldap_url is
incorrect I obviously get a different error message that LDAP couldn't
connect.

I can use ldapsearch on port 389 and retrieve the user information just
fine from the Ubuntu server. When I try ldapsearch with ldaps:// it also
shows that it connects correctly and displays the user information I
searched for. I have also turned on debug mode in the config.inc.php file
but not sure what it's doing.

*Here is my LDAP config in config.inc.php:*
*# LDAP*
*$ldap_url = "ldaps://testdc.test.local:636/dc=test,dc=local";*
*$ldap_starttls = false;*
*$ldap_binddn = "cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=test,dc=local";*
*$ldap_bindpw = "MyPassword";*
*$ldap_base = "cn=users,dc=test,dc=local";*
*$ldap_login_attribute = "sAMAccountName";*
*$ldap_fullname_attribute = "cn";*
*$ldap_filter = "(&(objectClass=user) (sAMAccountName={login})
(!(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)))";*

*$ad_mode = true;*

All assistance is very much appreciated. Thank you.