[Ltb-users] Help new install

Alex Samad - Yieldbroker Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com
Wed Apr 16 08:15:52 CEST 2014

Hi

Long time user of openldap, find this whilst looking for a centos rpm with the latest build of openldap.

I have downloaded and installed openldap-ltb-2.4.39-2.el6.x86_64 (and dependancies)

First thing I noticed is that its all under /usr/local/openldap ! is there an easy way to make it a drop in replacement for centos openldap build.. Not important just curious.

I am trying to build a cn=config install

This is what I am doing

# openldap-ltb
# /etc/default/slapd
# SLAPD_SERVICES="ldapi:/// ldap://$IP:$PORT"
# SLAPD_CONF=""
# SLAPD_CONF_DIR="$SLAPD_PATH/etc/openldap/slapd.d"

if [ -r /etc/default/slapd ]
then
        . /etc/default/slapd
fi

/etc/init.d/slapd stop

# remove old log files
rm -fr "${SLAPD_CONF_DIR}" /var/log/slapd.log* /var/log/slapd/*
> /var/log/slapd.log

mkdir -p "${SLAPD_CONF_DIR}"
chown ldap.ldap "${SLAPD_CONF_DIR}"

echo "init db"
sudo -u ldap  /usr/local/openldap/sbin/slapadd -F "${SLAPD_CONF_DIR}" -n 0 -l 000Init.ldif

000Init.ldif
olcArgsFile: /usr/local/openldap/var/run/slapd.args
olcPidFile: /usr/local/openldap/var/run/slapd.pid
olcAllows: bind_v2
olcLocalSSF: 71
olcReadOnly: FALSE
olcSaslSecProps: noplain,noanonymous
olcLogFile: /var/log/slapd/slapd-err.log
olcLogLevel: stats config
olcServerID: 1

dn: cn=schema,cn=config
objectClass: olcSchemaConfig
cn: schema

include: file:///usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/schema/core.ldif

# global database parameters
dn: olcDatabase={-1}frontend,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
objectClass: olcFrontendConfig
olcDatabase: {-1}frontend
olcAddContentAcl: FALSE
olcLastMod: TRUE
olcMaxDerefDepth: 0
olcReadOnly: FALSE
olcSchemaDN: cn=Subschema
olcMonitoring: TRUE

dn: olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
objectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
olcDatabase: {0}config
olcAddContentAcl: TRUE
olcLastMod: TRUE
olcMaxDerefDepth: 15
olcReadOnly: FALSE
olcRootDN: cn=config
olcRootPW: NO
olcSyncUseSubentry: FALSE
olcMonitoring: FALSE
structuralObjectClass: olcDatabaseConfig
olcAccess: {0}to *
 by dn.exact="gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth" manage
 by * read

dn: cn=module{0},cn=config
objectClass: olcModuleList
cn: module{0}
olcModulePath: /usr/lib64/openldap/
structuralObjectClass: olcModuleList
olcModuleLoad: {0}auditlog.la
olcModuleLoad: {1}unique.la
olcModuleLoad: {2}memberof
olcModuleLoad: {3}syncprov
olcModuleLoad: {4}rwm

dn: olcOverlay=auditlog,olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
objectClass: olcAuditLogConfig
olcOverlay: auditlog
olcAuditlogFile: /var/log/slapd/auditlog.ldif

when I start slapd

I can't connect with ldapsearch, I thought I had turned on SASL auth
Also I notice there is nothing under cn=schema,cn=config , when I do ldapsearch -b 'cn=config' cn=schema on my centos built install I get all the default base definitions they don't seem to be in the package where can I find it

Thanks