[Ltb-users] help Self Service Password settings.

Clément OUDOT clem.oudot at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 10:39:25 CET 2013

2013/11/8 Pierre Hennebois <hennebois at saintjosephtoulouse.org>

>  Hi,

thanks for posting the message to the list.

>  I try to use Self Service Password, but I have a little problem.
>
> When I try to change the password of a test user, the new password is
> refuse.
> Does it because my AD need special things in the password (1 special char,
> 1 number, 1 uppercase and have a lengh of 8 chars minimum) ? the both pwd I
> try to put to the test user respect all of that.

AD requires the use of LDAPS to change a password, have you set it up?

 But That just the test part. for the real use, I want that users put their
> login and email address and change their password.
> How do I configure mail sending ? I work on a debian server.

You can use the reset by token feature, see
http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/self-service-password/latest/config_tokens

Clément.