[Ltb-users] Can self service password work with openLDAP over SSL

William Muriithi william.muriithi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 19:37:54 CET 2012

Hello all

I have managed to set SSP to work with openLDAP without going over SSL
and satisfied with the way its currently working.  However, I can not
deploy it as it is, as the traffic is not local and have not been able
to find a way around it for the last 5 hours

Is SSP capable of using SSL when working with openLDAP?  I am
reasonably certain its not the LDAP side that has issue, I have
installed ldap-utils and can query remote LDAP over SSL successfully.
I am also doing replication over SSL, so I do not understand why SSP
should be having issues

I have noticed there is a ticket that is still open relating to SSL
support back in 2010.  This make me think my problem could be due to
SSP inability to use SSL.  Is this correct?

http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/122

Has anyone been able to make this happen

Regards,

William