[Ltb-users] SSP Mail function issue

Shannon sr123 at wanman.com
Tue Jan 3 03:23:37 CET 2012

Thought I'd pass along some info I found while trying to get
Self-Service-Password (SSP) up and running.  Biggest problem was in the
email function, but all were solved with these pieces.

Running on CentOS 5.7 with apache 2.2.3

Installed per web notes:
php53  -- All the PHP53 from from EPEL repo
php53-ldap

Not listed in the web docs, you also need these PHP pieces:
php53-common
php53-cli
php53-mcrypt  -- As seen in a recent bug, this is needed for encrypted
mail tokens.
php53-mbstring  -- Without this, email will look like it works, but no
email sent.

If you have the access/error logging working, you will see the
following error in the ssp_error file:
   [error] [client 172.27.10.102] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined
function mb_internal_encoding() in
/usr/share/self-service-password/lib/functions.inc.php on line 377.
This error is related to php(or php53)-mbstring not being installed.

Thanks,

Shannon