[ltb-dev] [LDAP Tool Box - Feature #823] (New) Store bind password in config.inc.php other than clear text

noreply at lsc-project.org noreply at lsc-project.org
Thu Jan 21 14:36:38 CET 2016

Issue #823 has been reported by Andre Mariano.

Feature #823: Store bind password in config.inc.php other than clear text
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/823

Author: Andre Mariano
Assigned to:
Category: Self Service Password
Target version: self-service-password-?

To adhere to my local security policy I can't allow binding anonymously nor can I have the bind password in clear text in the config.in.php file.  Is/would it be possible to have the password variable set with any sort of encryption?  Or, ideally, can I have it setup to bind using the user's old password captured from the form?

Thanks,
Andre