[ltb-dev] [LDAP Tool Box - Bug #816] (New) PHP receives incorrect SERVER_NAME when used behind SSL accelerator

noreply at lsc-project.org noreply at lsc-project.org
Wed Dec 9 22:51:16 CET 2015

Issue #816 has been reported by Karl Stevens.

Bug #816: PHP receives incorrect SERVER_NAME when used behind SSL accelerator
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/816

Author: Karl Stevens
Assigned to:
Category:
Target version:

Our web server is behind a HTTPS accelerator (HTTPS accelerator listens on public IP address, and forwards the unencrypted requests to the web server, which does not have a public IP address), and the code in sendtoken.php fails to guess the correct server URL (eg. instead of https://server.example.com/ssp/index.php, the URLs generated are http://192.168.x.y:80/ssp/index.php)

The attached diff is a quick hack to allow the server admin to specify the $reset_url manually in the config file.   I'm not sure if this is the 'correct' way to do it, but I don't know enough about PHP to do it any other way.  This works for us, I figured someone else might find it useful.