[ltb-dev] [LDAP Tool Box - Bug #664] (New) AD local <> AD Azure password synchronization failed (password is reset by portal)

noreply at lsc-project.org noreply at lsc-project.org
Thu Feb 20 16:50:53 CET 2014

Issue #664 has been reported by Arnaud Helin.

Bug #664: AD local <> AD Azure password synchronization failed (password is reset by portal)
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/664

Author: Arnaud Helin
Assigned to:
Category: Self Service Password
Target version: self-service-password-?

Hi,

Environment :

- One AD server 2008 R2 (same issue on 2012 R2)
- One Linux Web Server with LTB Portal (Debian Squeeze 6.0.7 x64)
- Same IP Network Range
- Office 365 Active Sync System

+Problem 1 :+

When I set a password for a user by the Active Directory Server directly, the "pwdLastSet" field change but not when I do the same change by the portal.

+Solution :+

I change _userdata["pwdLastSet"]=0;_ -> _userdata["pwdLastSet"]=-1;_

+Problem 2 :+

When I set a password for a user by the portal, the password in the Active Directory is well changed and pwdLastSet attributes too. But, even the Active Directory accepted this password, when I go to : https://portal.microsoftonline.com to login with my new password to use Office 365, the password is always the old password.

It seems that the password doesn't accept to be use by different kind of services like the Active Directory Synchronization with Active Directory Azure.

Do you have any idea ?

Thanks