[ltb-dev] [LDAP Tool Box - Feature #306] service slapd restore

noreply at lsc-project.org noreply at lsc-project.org
Tue Oct 25 17:36:07 CEST 2011

Issue #306 has been updated by Clément OUDOT.

Target version changed from openldap-initscript-1.3 to openldap-initscript-?

Feature #306: service slapd restore
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/306

Author: Clément OUDOT
Assigned to: Clément OUDOT
Category: OpenLDAP init script
Target version: openldap-initscript-?

We can add a new target that will take the latest backup file and try to restore it. This will remove all BDB files and reimport the data. A slapindex is needed after that.

We must add a confirm message, like "Are you sure you want to restore data from .....ldif?"

We should also manage the case of several backends, maybe let the user choose the backend to restore.

Not easy ;)