No subject

Sun Nov 27 20:29:25 CET 2011

ema directory only, which includes (even slightly) customized versions of=
 standard schemas.

I guess schema dir is not preserved. Right?

Thanks again,
Nick

Feature #369: Upgrading OpenLDAP and debugging procedures
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/369

Author: Nick Milas
Assigned to: =

Category: OpenLDAP RPM
Target version: =

Hi, =

Just a question: Can we simply upgrade your really fine LTB OpenLDAP rele=
ases e.g. from v2.4.26 to .27 by running rpm -Uvh ?

Will upgrade respect (keep safe): =

1. Current Configuration (cn=3Dconfig or slapd.conf based as specified in=
 /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/)?
2. Actual data and custom DB_CONFIG file (as maintained by BDB in /usr/lo=
cal/openldap/var/openldap-data/)?
3. Custom schema directory in default directory (/usr/local/openldap/etc/=
openldap/)? Default schema directory in our installation includes custom =
schemas.
4. Customized /etc/default/slapd?
5. Customized ldap.conf (in /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/)?
6. Any other custom settings (which?)?

...or we should keep backups and restore after upgrade? =

Yes, I know backups are always welcome, but I am wondering about the norm=
al/expected upgrade procedure/behavior.

Also, if we want to use the debugging package in order to do back trace w=
ith debugging symbols, is there any suggested practice/methodology?

Please, advise!

Thanks both for your packages and for your assistance,
Nick

-- =

You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to=
 it, or are involved in it.
To change your notification preferences, please click here: http://tools.=
lsc-project.org/my/account

--mimepart_4ed3b2667c9d2_67d33fbdf4fea1b81d6

<head>
body {
  font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;
  font-size: 0.8em;
  color:#484848;
}
h1, h2, h3 { font-family: "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, sans-serif; margin: 0p=
x; }
h1 { font-size: 1.2em; }
h2, h3 { font-size: 1.1em; }
a, a:link, a:visited { color: #2A5685;}
a:hover, a:active { color: #c61a1a; }
a.wiki-anchor { display: none; }
hr {
  width: 100%;
  height: 1px;
  background: #ccc;
  border: 0;
}
.footer {
  font-size: 0.8em;
  font-style: italic;
}
</head>
Issue #369 has been updated by Nick Milas.

<ul>

    <li>Assigned to deleted (Cl=C3=A9ment OUDOT)</li>

</ul>

 schema directory only, which includes (even slightly) customized version=
s of standard schemas.</p>

<hr />
<h1><a href=3D"http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/369">Feature #369: Upg=
rading OpenLDAP and debugging procedures</a></h1>

<ul>
<li>Author: Nick Milas</li>
<li>Status: Assigned</li>
<li>Priority: Normal</li>
<li>Assigned to: </li>
<li>Category: OpenLDAP RPM</li>
<li>Target version: </li>

</ul>

releases e.g. from v2.4.26 to .27 by running rpm -Uvh ?</p>

d in /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/)?<br />2. Actual data and custom D=
B_CONFIG file (as maintained by BDB in /usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-d=
ata/)?<br />3. Custom schema directory in default directory (/usr/local/o=
penldap/etc/openldap/)? Default schema directory in our installation incl=
udes custom schemas.<br />4. Customized /etc/default/slapd?<br />5. Custo=
mized ldap.conf (in /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/)?<br />6. Any other=
 custom settings (which?)?</p>

normal/expected upgrade procedure/behavior.</p>

ce with debugging symbols, is there any suggested practice/methodology?</=
p>

<hr />
 have either subscribed to it, or are involved in it.<br />To change your=
 notification preferences, please click here: <a class=3D"external" href=3D=
"http://tools.lsc-project.org/my/account">http://tools.lsc-project.org/my=

--mimepart_4ed3b2667c9d2_67d33fbdf4fea1b81d6--