[ltb-dev] [LDAP Tool Box - Feature #369] (Assigned) Upgrading OpenLDAP and debugging procedures

noreply at lsc-project.org noreply at lsc-project.org
Mon Nov 28 16:23:59 CET 2011

Issue #369 has been updated by Clément OUDOT.

Category set to OpenLDAP RPM
Status changed from New to Assigned
Assigned to set to Clément OUDOT

Hi Nick,

of course the upgrade will not touch your configuration. To know why, you can check the openldap-ltb.spec and look for %config macros, that tell RPM not to replace the configuration:

<pre>
%files -n openldap-ltb
%defattr(-, root, root, 0755)
%{ldapdir}
%config(noreplace) %{ldapserverdir}/etc/openldap/slapd.conf
%config(noreplace) %{ldapserverdir}/etc/openldap/ldap.conf
/etc/init.d/slapd
%config(noreplace) /etc/default/slapd
/etc/profile.d/openldap.sh
%{ldaplogsdir}
%config(noreplace) /etc/logrotate.d/openldap
%{ldapbackupdir}
%exclude %{check_password_conf}
%exclude %{ldapserverdir}/%{_lib}/check_password.so
</pre>

If we decide to upgrade BDB, then we need to do a backup/restore from the data. But for now, the upgrade is OK.

Feature #369: Upgrading OpenLDAP and debugging procedures
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/369