[ltb-dev] [LDAP Tool Box - Feature #369] (New) Upgrading OpenLDAP and debugging procedures

noreply at lsc-project.org noreply at lsc-project.org
Mon Nov 28 15:42:01 CET 2011

Issue #369 has been reported by Nick Milas.

Feature #369: Upgrading OpenLDAP and debugging procedures
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/369

Author: Nick Milas
Assigned to:
Category:
Target version:

Hi,

Just a question: Can we simply upgrade your really fine LTB OpenLDAP releases e.g. from v2.4.26 to .27 by running rpm -Uvh ?

Will upgrade respect (keep safe):

1. Current Configuration (cn=config or slapd.conf based as specified in /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/)?
2. Actual data and custom DB_CONFIG file (as maintained by BDB in /usr/local/openldap/var/openldap-data/)?
3. Custom schema directory in default directory (/usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/)? Default schema directory in our installation includes custom schemas.
4. Customized /etc/default/slapd?
5. Customized ldap.conf (in /usr/local/openldap/etc/openldap/)?
6. Any other custom settings (which?)?

...or we should keep backups and restore after upgrade?

Yes, I know backups are always welcome, but I am wondering about the normal/expected upgrade procedure/behavior.

Also, if we want to use the debugging package in order to do back trace with debugging symbols, is there any suggested practice/methodology?

Please, advise!

Thanks both for your packages and for your assistance,
Nick