[ltb-dev] [LDAP Tool Box - Feature #208] (Closed) add compression to ldap database backup

noreply at lsc-project.org noreply at lsc-project.org
Tue May 4 12:08:17 CEST 2010

Issue #208 has been updated by Clément Oudot.

Status changed from Assigned to Closed
% Done changed from 0 to 100

Done in r72.
Feature #208: add compression to ldap database backup
http://tools.lsc-project.org/issues/show/208

Author: James Lever
Assigned to: Clément Oudot
Category: OpenLDAP init script
Target version: openldap-initscript-1.0

I prefer to have all of my database backups compressed by default.

Here is a patch (attached file) to do that, with the warnings extend.  Sorry I did extend it to include a configuration option.

And output to show it working:

[root at scalzi ~]# /sbin/service slapd backup
slapd[21978]: [INFO] Using /etc/default/slapd for configuration
slapd[21983]: [INFO] Launching OpenLDAP database backup...
slapd[22027]: [OK] data save in /var/backups/openldap/openldap-data-20100503084755.ldif.bz2